Sep 15, 2014

MultiColor Monday: Susan Stilwell

This week, the series continues another member from my Word Weavers critique group (click here for more info on my group), Susan Stilwell.

About MultiColor Monday: As most of you know, all writers need regular inspiration. On the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, I’ll share information about people who inspire me by their writing and their lives. The series is called Multi-Color Monday to reflect the beauty and diversity of God’s children. My hope is that you, too, will be blessed and inspired by those you meet here.


About Susan:

Susan is a gifted writer, Bible teacher, speaker, and blogger. From her blog’s “about me” summary:

“I’m a writer and Christian speaker who loves Jesus and sees God EVERYWHERE. I see Him in a sunset, at the mall, in the laundry room… No matter where I turn, I see evidence of His handiwork and I hear His voice!

I love sharing those insights with others, and want to help them understand His Word so they can recognize where He is at work in their lives. Becoming sensitive to Him helps us feel His love, discern His guidance, and grow in our faith. He loves us SO MUCH and yearns for us to experience more of Him!”

Check out her website at Susan Stilwell, where you’ll find her blog and other information about her ministry.

How Susan inspires me:

Earlier this year, I had the privilege of getting to know Susan over coffee when she traveled to Raleigh to pick up her son. We also caught up a bit at a writer’s conference in May. No matter what is going on – and Susan walked through much sorrow this past year – God’s strength and love shine through. Her passion for knowing Jesus more deeply, and guiding others toward knowing Him, is contagious and inspiring. When I’ve struggled with how to say something – sometimes I can be a bit direct with my words – Susan helped me soften the words and yet ensure the integrity of the message was intact.

Prayer for Susan:

May the Lord continue to bless you in this season of transition in your life and in your writing. I pray He supernaturally heals your heart, your body, and your mind from any lingering sadness and doubt. I pray He surrounds you with loving friends and family who can lift you up, and that He removes people from your life who He did not place there. I pray for discernment in all decisions about your writing, and open doors that no man can close.

My “favorite” Susan post:

I'm Not Like Ann Voskamp. Especially the stream-of-consciousness – I read that and wondered how Susan read my mind when we hardly knew each other! This post is a great reminder to us that our only God-given “job”, if you will, is to be ourselves. God doesn’t compare us to each other; we shouldn’t either.

MULTI-COLOR MONDAY CHALLENGE: 
If you need inspiration today, check out Susan's writing.  

Also, take a few moments to thank someone who inspires you. You’ll both be blessed!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mary! Especially for the beautiful prayer. I'm praying in agreement and expecting the Lord to move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Thank you for commenting, and for just being you :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!