May 21, 2015

Intentional Fitness Has Arrived!

I’m excited to announce that the re-release of my first book, Intentional Fitness: Working Out Your Salvation, is now available on Amazon.com (Kindle version here), published by Vox Dei Publishing.    

In the book, I share lessons learned from years of walking with Jesus to encourage you that following Him may not be easy, but it’s worth everything. He longs to give us so much more than we can ever hope or imagine. Here’s an excerpt from the Introduction:

I realized that living for God was not about “giving up,” but about exchanging. Everything in life has a price. Buying an item at the store costs money; and if you don’t pay the price, the cost is you don’t get the item. Losing weight and gaining health cost time and discipline; but if you don’t do it, the cost is you continue to feel lousy, clothes don’t fit, you take on health risks, etc. The same is true for spiritual peace. The cost of clinging to your old ways is that you’ll never discover the peace, joy, and fullness of life that only God can provide. If you are willing to pay the price to give up old ways, you not only gain increased peace and joy, but you can also reveal Jesus to others by your life example, just like those who revealed Jesus to me.
My hope through this book is to share some of what I’ve learned in order to encourage you. If I can do it, so can you! Jesus died to make it possible for us to live as we were created to live: to the full (John 10:10). When we do so, God’s love is revealed, and the Kingdom of God advances so that many will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
And that is what life is all about.
If you'd like practical tips on how to grow in faith and spiritual fitness, I encourage you to check out Intentional Fitness. Challenge questions at the end of each chapter are included for personal reflection or group study. 
To help celebrate, the following bloggers graciously accepted an invitation to share a message about spiritual fitness. Please check them out on the dates shown.
May 21st: Sherry Torgent (http://sherrytorgent.com/blog)

May 22nd: Joan Sanusi (http://joansanusi.wordpress.com)




May 27th: David Brannock (http://DavidBrannock.blogspot.com)


May 28th: Lydia Thomas (http://lydiathomasauthor.wordpress.com)

Also, I’d love to read your comments about what spiritual fitness means to you, or in what practical ways you keep yourself fit.

Thank you to my blogger friends for celebrating with me.
Thank you to Vox Dei for believing in this message.
Most of all, thank you, Jesus, for blessing me with the opportunity to share what You taught me.

I look forward to seeing what God spoke to all of us about spiritual fitness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your G-rated comments!