May 15, 2015

Fitness Friday: Get Over It!

The other day I gave myself a three-word pep talk. I got tired of listening to my own whining about how this didn't happen, that DID happen, and woe is me. I paced and whined, whined and paced.

“Get over it,” I commanded my overworking brain.

I thought about how many times I've heard that, or have said it to others, when the pity party seemed out of control. It was never meant in an encouraging way, but more in a “I’m sick of hearing you complain” way.

This time the truth of that statement hit me like a 2x4. I stopped in my tracks.

Yes. Exactly. Get over it! 

When we’re depressed, frustrated, wounded, or just plain under it, we absolutely need to get over it. We’re created to be over it: we are overcomers.


I searched for the word "overcome" to get a good verse for this post. Wow, what a list! I was so encouraged I had to include all these.

We are children of God.

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. (1 John 5:4a)

We have faith in Jesus.

Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. (1 John 5:5)

We have the authority of Jesus.

“I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” (Luke 10:19)

We have the light of Jesus.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

We have the power of Jesus.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

We have Jesus, the Overcomer Himself.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)


Yes! We are overcomers in Christ, as Mandisa testifies in her song, Overcomer (Listen on YouTube)


So next time you feel down and under it, remember who you are and Whose you are, and get over it!

4 comments:

  1. Powerful, Mary! God's power to trust Him is within us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sherry, He gives us everything we need, including His own faith to believe...if we so choose. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Mary! Thank you for the much-needed reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Dawn! I will never hear those same three words the same again...and that's a good thing!

      Delete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!