May 3, 2015

Going After the One

This morning on the way home from church, I drove by the mostly devoured remains of a fawn. I only know it was a fawn because I saw it pre-devastation. I would have included a picture; but I’m not a pre-med student who enjoys cadaver labs, and I figured you might not be either.

I believe God has a message for someone.

The Parable of the Wandering Sheep

10“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. 11For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. 12What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.”  (Matthew 18:10-14, NIV, emphasis mine)

I believe someone out there feels hopeless. You feel like life has been stolen from you – picked clean by people who mistreated you. You don’t even recognize yourself any more. You feel half dead, unable to get up. And you can’t remember how you got there.

Jesus doesn’t care where you’ve been, how far you’ve wandered, or where you are now. He is reaching out to you. He loves you! He longs to hold you in His arms and heal all your hurts.



You are not alone, your life is not wrecked beyond His redemption, your brokenness is not beyond repair.

You are NOT a hopeless mess. You matter. “You is kind, you is smart, you is important.”  (The Help)

Jesus is not willing that you should perish, or that you should stay where you are. He’s right there with you, and is patiently waiting for you to respond to His love. 

Just say, “Jesus, help me,” and He will.

It’s not too late.




If this message is for you, I am praying for you. If I can pray with you or help you, please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, this is a confirmation to a discussion God and I had in church this morning: "Trust Me with your mess. It's a beautiful mess when it's in My hands."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!