Jul 16, 2014

They Who Wait....

Hungry birds flitted around the feeders. Both feeders were in “take a number” mode – all four perches occupied, one bird sitting on the top.


One bird, however, didn’t want to wait. It hovered above the perched birds, then landed on the side of the feeder, holding on to the wire cage while pecking at the plastic container underneath. It hopped all the way around, certain it could find a way to the seed it could see but not quite reach. Frustrated, it flew away...right before a perch opened up.

If only it had waited...

How often are we like this bird, hungry for something we can see and not willing to wait? 



“Yes, I see the door, Lord, but I want to go this way.” We bang our heads into the wall trying to make another way forward, too impatient to wait for the path to the door to be cleared.

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40:31, NKJV)

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Is your head sore from banging it into the wall? Be willing to wait on the Lord for His timing and His way. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary! Have you been spying on me? I've banged my head against the wall so many times that God's had to pick it up off the floor and attach it back! Part of my email signature is, "Blessed are the impatient for they shall have to wait." Wait for His blessings, wait to do things His way. So hard - but so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head is stubbornly hard, and I too have tried to find a different and shorter way. I haven't found a better way yet. I am such an Isrealite sometimes :-). Thank you for your comment, Sherry.

      Delete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!