Jul 25, 2014

Psalm 68

In my quiet time this week, I've been skipping through the Psalms to read notes where God has spoken to me. Today I came to Psalm 68, and didn't have one single note or underline. So I read the Psalm from beginning to end.


What awesome encouragement in the midst of our moving and change!


Our God:
  • Sets the lonely in families and leads forth prisoners with singing (v 6)
  • Fathers the fatherless and defends the widows (v 5)
  • Provides for the poor (v 10)
  • Daily bears our burdens (v 19)
  • Saves us from death (v 20)
  • Defeats our enemies (v 21)

Throughout the 35 verses of this Psalm, I was reminded of His:
  • Power
  • Majesty
  • Faithfulness
  • Justice
Then this song came to mind: Our God is Greater, by Chris Tomlin. 

Yes, He is!

With my mind renewed about how amazingly awesome God is, I go forth into my day encouraged, strengthened, and excited to see what He will bring this day.


TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Renew your mind with this Psalm, or any other favorite you may have. If you'd like, share how God uplifted you today.

2 comments:

  1. When I took Ruby for a walk this morning, there was a breeze and all the birds were singing. God's creation always brings joy to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!