Mar 9, 2020

My Time Was My Own

Welcome to Monday's Minute with Mary, 
a nugget of encouragement to start your week.

Do you enjoy your leisure time? Me too! But my problem is that I began to protect and covet it...at the expense of investing in what God called me to do.

In fact, I didn't really ask God about my leisure time. I prayed, "God, what do you have for me today?" Meaning, what do you have between 8 and 5? I considered the remainder of the day as mine to rest, recharge, and do whatever *I* wanted to do. My time was my own, and I protected it diligently.

Enter Oswald Chambers. From his March 4th entry (read the full version here):

"It is easier to serve or work for God without a vision and without a call, because then you are not bothered by what He requires. Common sense, covered with a layer of Christian emotion, becomes your guide. You may be more prosperous and successful from the world’s perspective, and will have more leisure time, if you never acknowledge the call of God."



Busted! Yes, I had more leisure time, but at what expense? Ignoring the call of God on my life! 

Click here to watch the video message.

God is so faithful to forgive us and get us back on track. I am excited to see where this journey leads. Join me?


Do you not know that your body is a temple 
of the Holy Spirit who is within you, 
whom you have [received as a gift] from God, 
and that you are not your own [property]? 
You were bought with a price 
[you were actually purchased 
with the precious blood of Jesus 
and made His own]. 
So then, honor and glorify God with your body.
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

(...and your time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your G-rated comments!