Feb 26, 2020

Transformed in the Dark

Welcome to Monday's Minute with Mary, 
a nugget of encouragement to start your week.

Have you ever been in the dark, can't seem to see what God is doing? Can't sense that God is there at all? Felt abandoned and alone?

Me too!

I know in my head that He's doing something, and that it will be good. But my flesh cries out, gets impatient, and tries all kinds of ways to get out. My inquiring mind wants to know, and to take charge!

Click here to watch video message

In God's mercy, He somehow keeps me there long enough to achieve His purpose...despite all my attempts to short-cut the process.

Truth is, we are NOT abandoned, NEVER alone. God is doing a work in us and needs us to just be still and draw near to Him and...

Trust Him...

Rest...

Wait.

When you find yourself in the dark, remember that God is faithful, merciful, and a good Father. And He always turns on the light at just the right time, and enables you to soar!


How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

I will sing the Lord’s praise, 
for he has been good to me.

Psalm 13, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your G-rated comments!