Aug 19, 2014

Don't Miss Out

The other day, Don and I were driving home from Hershey. There’s a spot along the road where you crest a hill and WOW, an amazing view is off to the right. I’ve wanted to take a picture of that for a long time but kept missing the opportunity.

So, camera ready, we drove toward that spot. Not being familiar with the road, though, I sat in “ready” mode for several miles. Eyes focused intently ahead, I grew impatient as each crest yielded nothing but woods. I knew we must be close, where was that spot?

As I glanced to the right, I saw an amazing mimosa tree. Full of blooms and perfectly shaped, the large tree would have made a perfect picture. But alas, we had driven by before I could aim the camera.


I was so focused on the road ahead I missed the glorious sight right in front of me.


How often do we miss what God has planned for today because we’re focused on a goal, a plan, a destination somewhere in the future?  

“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.”   (Matthew 6:34, MSG)

And all the people said, “AMEN!”


TODAY’S CHALLENGE: Enjoy your day. Give tomorrow to Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! God wants us to focus on the joys and opportunities of today - not trapped in the past or stretching toward tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent word picture - "trapped" and "stretching". Will help me recognize when i'm not living freely in the present. Thank you, Sherry!

      Delete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!