Aug 27, 2017

God Will Move the Mountain

This weekend Don and I volunteered at a Joyce Meyer conference in Hershey. It was awesome - worship with Natalie Grant, time with friends, and right-on-time messages by Joyce.


As God often does at conferences, He spoke to me during worship. Natalie Grant sang It Is Well by Bethel Music (listen here). When we sang these words....

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea


...a picture immediately came to my mind.

I saw myself about halfway up a mountain, and a handful of people on the other side, each focused on what they're doing. I'm climbing up, hand over foot, working hard, pushing on toward the top.

You see, I have a dream, and I know I need help from others to accomplish it. The Lord has been stirring the dream recently but I can't see how it can happen - there's a big mountain in my way.

So I've been busy climbing that mountain to work the dream into reality. If I can just get the top I can see the other side, aka who are the people and how will this all fit together. Then once I can see everything, I'll know what comes next.

Climbing...doing...working...hard.

But wait, there's more! As I sang, the picture changed. Instead of climbing, I'm sitting quietly, focused on God and what He has for me that day. I'm not looking at the mountain at all. I'm content, peaceful, and well rested.

Message: I need to trust God with what I cannot see, resting in Him and allowing Him to prepare me and prepare the way before me. In His time - at just the right time, GOD will move the mountain and bring the pieces of my dream - the dream He placed in my heart - together.

What dream has God given you for your life? Have you been busy climbing the mountain you see in the way, or trusting God and resting in Him?

Be still before the Lord; wait patiently for Him and entrust yourself to Him; (Psalm 37:7a, AMP)

I wait [patiently] for the Lord, my soul [expectantly] waits, And in His word do I hope. (Psalm 130:5, AMP)

“For the vision is yet for the appointed [future] time It hurries toward the goal [of fulfillment]; it will not fail. Even though it delays, wait [patiently] for it, Because it will certainly come; it will not delay." (Habakkuk 2:3, AMP)

“Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10, AMP) 



 

2 comments:

  1. This is just what i needed Mary, I couldn't agree more Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, honey...I'm so glad God brought us together. I'd choose noone else to wait with :-).

      Delete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!