Dec 23, 2016

Steward the Gift

As I’ve been pondering the miracle God gave me (read God Healed Me), I realized this is the beginning of a journey; not the end of a health issue.


Receiving healing from the Lord is humbling. It’s a gift. And what do you do with a gift? You receive it, open it, then enjoy it. You use it wisely and take care of it – you learn how to steward the gift. That’s how you demonstrate how thankful you are for the gift.
For me, that means being serious about my diet, exercise, and getting enough sleep. It means honoring God with my body and taking proper care of it. It means doing what I need to do on my part to continue to enjoy good health.
So I started my plan to buckle down and make changes. Watching portions. Not eating gluten (for me, this is important). Not eating too late. Exercising regularly.
As I talked to my sister-in-law Maria about my plans, I shared how it was sometimes rough to not take that extra piece of ham or eat that cake.
“Just ask God for help, He’ll give you grace to do what you need to do.”
 


Wow, yep, how soon I forgot. It was by His grace I was healed, and then I was “taking over”. You know, “Thanks, God, I’ll take it from here.” That train of thought happens so easily. I need to re-read my original post, “Come to Me”, every day until it sinks in that God wants us to come to Him with everything. No exceptions.
Yes, I need to steward the gift of healing God gave me.
  
But I don’t have to do it alone.

This Christmas season, I’m thankful for so many things…too many to list them all, here are a few.
  • A miracle of healing
  • Don, my amazing husband of over 16 years now
  • My sister-in-law’s wise and timely comment
  • Family – parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, in-laws, each and every one
  • Health..past, present, and future
  • Friends, the best on the planet
  • Dad’s clean bill of health
  • A job where I can work from home
  • Florida sunshine in the middle of winter
  • God’s grace to live the life He calls me to live
Most of all, I’m thankful for Jesus, God’s greatest gift to all of us, the baby born in a manger who would later die for my sins.

It’s His birthday we celebrate at Christmas, I’m so thankful for the gift of my salvation that makes me part of His family.
(Hmmm, makes me ponder….how am I stewarding the gift of my salvation? Sounds like a topic for another blog…)




Happy Birthday, Jesus!

And Merry Christmas to you all!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17, NIV)

(If you are not part of God’s family, or you’re not sure, read this excerpt from my first book, Intentional Fitness. Jesus loves you more than you can imagine. He has the gift of salvation waiting for you!)
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and a healthy happy New Year dear friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!