Aug 5, 2019

Friendship


The other day as I drove into work, I pondered how incredibly blessed I am to have such wonderful and diverse friends. 
Over the years, I met friends at church, the gym, school, work, and in the neighborhood. Their locations are also diverse:
  • North Carolina
  • Maryland
  • Illinois
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Oklahoma
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia

Time apart and geographic separation do not kill true friendship, only makes the times you are able to get together that much sweeter.

Sometimes the way you know a true friend is that they have stood the test of time. You can talk to them after a long absence and catch up right where you left off as though it had only been days.

Here's an acronym junkie's definition of a true friend:

Forgiving – no time for long-lasting offenses, bounces back quickly from misunderstanding
Respectful – honors boundaries; knows when to step in and when to stay back
Inspirational – brings out the best in you
Exhorting – tells you the truth, in love; not just what you want to hear
No-frills – gives you permission to be yourself
Defender – a loyal champion, in your corner when the world seems to be against you

Today I am celebrating my treasured friends near and far. I thank God for you! Each of you have a custom-sized place in my heart, and collectively you’ve taught me how to be a better friend.

This Lucy and Ethel Friendship song is for you – enjoy!!



Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family. (Proverbs 18:24, MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your G-rated comments!