Mar 17, 2018

The Reckless, Hard, Fierce Love of God

When you hear the word "love", what comes to your mind?

On the way home from work the other day, I heard these 3 songs in a row about the love of God. Here are Youtube video links and some of the lyrics.

Reckless Love, by Cory Asbury.

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine
I couldn't earn it, and I don't deserve it, still, You give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God, yeah

There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

Fierce, by Jesus Culture

Like a tidal wave
Crashing over me
Rushing in to meet me here
Your love is fierce
Like a hurricane
That I can't escape
Tearing through the atmosphere
Your love is fierce

You surround me
You chase me down
You seek me out
How can I be lost when You have called me found

Hard Love, by Needtobreathe

Hold on tight a little longer
What don't kill ya, makes ya stronger
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love
You can't change without a fallout
It's gon' hurt, but don't you slow down
Get back up, 'cause it's a hard love

When the wolves come and hunt me down
I will face them all and stand my ground
'Cause there's a fire burnin' in me
They will see my strength in this love I found



Hurricane, fierce, tidal wave, hard, rushing in, chasing, surrounding, overwhelming, never-ending, reckless, painful, burning.

Not the feel good, dreamy, namby-pamby, touchy-feely, or soft words we often hear. And definitely not the top ten answers you'd hear in today's culture. Or sadly, even in many churches!

These songs are about a love that is so strong that nothing - NO thing - can stop it.

These songs are about God. God is love. Love is God. Love is Jesus.

Wow, how inspiring!

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16, NKJV)

Any other description of love falls dreadfully short. 

THIS is a God worth knowing, worth trusting, worth loving. THIS is Jesus, my Savior, my Redeemer!

Thank you to the artists who wrote these songs and shared them with us. I am beyond blessed today, I hope this blessed you too!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your G-rated comments!