Dec 7, 2017

Fix Your Eyes

Have you ever noticed how a dancer fixes their eyes on one spot while spinning? Their heads spin quickly around to hit that one spot. Helps them keep their balance.

Same is true when you're trying to keep your balance while exercising, or riding a bike, or walking along a narrow trail. Fixing your eyes on one spot ahead and focusing on that spot steadies your body.

I find if I keep my eyes fixed on a point or object, even if my head is moving I am more balanced. When I feel unsteady during exercise, focusing on an imaginary spot on the wall helps my whole body calm down and move more smoothly.

Eyes fixed on one point = steady body.

In this morning's Jesus Calling devotional, the author Sarah Young says, "Learn to look steadily at Me (God) in all your moments and all your circumstances. Though the world is unstable and in flux, you can experience continuity through your uninterrupted awareness of My Presence."

Eyes fixed on God = steady emotions and minds, no matter our circumstances.

Where will you fix your eyes today?


Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
    Why are you crying the blues?
Fix my eyes on God—
    soon I’ll be praising again.
He puts a smile on my face.
    He’s my God.

(Psalm 42:11, The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your G-rated comments!