Nov 11, 2013

Honor and Celebration

On this MultiColor Monday, I'm honoring the loyal, faithful, and dedicated service men and women who have fought for our freedom: our veterans.

And I'm celebrating another blessed weekend with another group of wonderful God-fearing women. 

All people are created so wonderfully unique and special. When they bring their individual talents, personalities, and energies to a common cause, they are a force to be reckoned with. And a delight to be around. 

We can learn so much when we honor others and celebrate differences instead of judging others for being different from us.

Last weekend I attended a retreat in the beautiful Tennessee mountains with over 20 beautiful women. While I only had the privilege to get to know a handful of them during meals and in our cabin, I enjoyed meeting each and every one of them.  

And I enjoyed the opportunity to "hang" with Ronda Baldwin and Adriana Vermillion for a second time in just a few months, including many hours of encouraging and God-centered conversation with Ronda. Please check out their sites to see the great messages God has given them to share, and to learn about the mission He has placed on their hearts.

I also enjoyed sharing meals with a spirited, kind, and joyful group of ladies from South Carolina, including another Mary. I look forward to meeting up with them for lots of laughter, talking, praying, and trying not to get into too much trouble.

Last but definitely not least, I'd like to honor my family who is now and who has been in the military. My nephew Tim and my cousin Andy are currently serving, my dad and several of my uncles are veterans, and my niece is serving but taking time off now to care for her brand new baby girl. May God richly bless all of you for your sacrifice!

TODAY'S CHALLENGE:  Hug someone you love, and thank them for just being them.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Mary! We've got to make more time to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that!!! We'll start planning after your trip next year :-).

      Delete

Thank you for your G-rated comments!